This is the list of all contributions that I have received so far AND that are in a relatively “advanced” state.
I am not listing contributions that have been started on the forums but not submitted yet.
Contributions in this list are not necessarily accepted; as you know, the plan is to select the best work once the game gets closer to release state. So it’s quite probable that a good 25% of those contributions ( even if they are finished and textured ) will never make it into the game.
I tried for each to give the name of the modeler and of the texturer. Concept art was left out, as it’d require too much effort to look up for each model if there is some concept art, and if so, in which thread. If the work is a collaboration between many people, I will try to list everybody, with no guarantee. If you see a mistake in this list, please let me know.
If you have a model that you consider complete or near to ( for example, it’s lacking landing gears of hangars ) and that isn’t listed here, please upload it to the ftp and let me know.
For each model, I will also try to list the status that I consider that model is in. Those status are mostly:
- done: model is, as far as I can see, finished.
- gears missing: the ship lacks gears to be able to land
- thrusters missing: mostly for medium to large sized ships, thrusters should be modeled into the geometry.
- hangar missing: that ship should probably have a hangar. If it’s a large ship and you do not want it to have a hangar, please let me know ( and explain why ). Or maybe you planned to have a hangar, but haven’t modeled it yet ( you’re waiting for the SDD ).
- polycount budget.
- mesh errors: backface culling problems, some triangles are long and thin (messing up lighting), holes/gaps in geometry, abuse of mesh intersections/penetrations, etc…
- WIP: I received the model but it’s apparently still very much into WIP
Status for textures:
- textured: mandatory textures ( at least diffuse, bump and spec ) are present.
- textures to review: the textures might have a few problems. For example: low quality (you sent low-quality jpegs with artifacts), lack of details, lack of some maps (self-illumination is easily forgotten), lighting or shadowing embedded in diffuse, ambient occlusion embedded in diffuse, etc…
- untextured: self-explainatory
Note: this the “misc” maps is still recent, it is not taken into account into the textures status. Even “textured” models will have to be reviewed for the misc map.